Sweet and spicy and full of fabulous flavor. Serve the chicken breasts over a bed of baby spinach leaves for a lean and clean lunch or dinner.
Chef’s Note: Store the remaining glaze from the blender in an airtight container, refrigerated, for up to three weeks.
Maple-Pomegranate Glazed Grilled Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Baby spinach
- Combine the maple syrup, pomegranate molasses, olive oil and red pepper flakes in the blender and blend until well combined. Place the chicken breasts in a resealable plastic bag and add 1 cup of the glaze. Marinate for at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat your Twin Eagles Grill for 2-zone grilling; medium-high heat on one side and medium-low heat for indirect cooking on the other side. Drain the chicken breasts from the glaze and pat them dry. Pour the glaze from the plastic bag into a small sauce pot. Bring the glaze to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Place the chicken on the hot side of the grill and sear grill marks on the chicken breasts, about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken over and move the chicken breasts to the medium-low heat side of the grill. Brush each breast with the simmered glaze, and cook for another 5 minutes on the second side, or until just cooked through, basting often.
- To serve, place the glazed chicken breasts on a large platter of baby spinach leaves and serve with additional glaze for dipping.
Jamie Gwen is a CIA Grad, Celebrity Chef, Certified Sommelier, Lifestyle Expert and four-time Cookbook Author who can be seen stirring up something delicious on television, on the radio and in print from coast-to-coast. She brings the best to radio with her weekly Syndicated Radio Show heard every Sunday on Radio Stations across the country and in SoCal on Talk Radio 790 KABC. Jamie can be seen on KTLA Channel 5, on HSN and on national television news shows sharing her seasonal lifestyle approach and her passion for food. Her recipes are featured on chefjamie.com and on Microsoft’s worldwide Food & Drink App. Jamie’s most recent cookbook, Co-Authored by Lana Sills and entitled “Good Food For Good Times 2”, is now available as an eBook and has been featured on The Talk, Emeril Live and Martha Stewart.