Grilling asparagus brings out its best; this is the perfect Spring side dish, right off your Twin Eagles grill!
Grilled Asparagus With Spring Pesto
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, raw or roasted
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- Extra-Virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- To make the pesto, combine the walnuts, cheese and the olive oil in a food processor and pulse until pureed.
- Add the lemon zest, basil, mint and garlic and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill until crisp-tender and slightly charred, about 2-3 minutes (if you’re using thin asparagus spears, grill only a short time, as they will cook quickly.
- Remove the asparagus from the grill and drizzle with the pesto.
Jamie Gwen is a CIA Grad, Celebrity Chef, Certified Sommelier, Lifestyle Expert and four-time Cookbook Author who can be seen stirring up something delicious on television, on the radio and in print from coast-to-coast. She brings the best to radio with her weekly Syndicated Radio Show heard every Sunday on Radio Stations across the country and in SoCal on Talk Radio 790 KABC. Jamie can be seen on KTLA Channel 5, on HSN and on national television news shows sharing her seasonal lifestyle approach and her passion for food. Her recipes are featured on chefjamie.com and on Microsoft’s worldwide Food & Drink App. Jamie’s most recent cookbook, Co-Authored by Lana Sills and entitled “Good Food For Good Times 2”, is now available as an eBook and has been featured on The Talk, Emeril Live and Martha Stewart.