The smoky heat of chipotles and the sweetness of maple syrup are absolutely delicious when combined with the flavor of grilled corn.
Grilled Corn on The Cob With Maple Chipotle Glaze
- 2 chipotle chilies, from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 stick (2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 whole garlic clove
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ears of corn, husks pulled back and cleaned
- Finely chop the chilies, using a food processor or by hand.
- Place the minced chilies in a small saucepan along with the maple syrup, butter and garlic.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Remove the glaze from the heat and let rest at room temperature.
- Preheat your Twin Eagles Grill to medium heat.
- Rinse the cleaned ears of corn with water and place them directly on the grill. Grill, turning often, until tender and slightly charred in spots, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the corn with the glaze and continue to grill for about 5 minutes more, turning often.
Jamie Gwen is a CIA Grad, Celebrity Chef, Certified Sommelier, Lifestyle Expert and four-time Cookbook Author who can be seen stirring up something delicious on television, on the radio and in print from coast-to-coast. She brings the best to radio with her weekly Syndicated Radio Show heard every Sunday on Radio Stations across the country and in SoCal on Talk Radio 790 KABC. Jamie can be seen on KTLA Channel 5, on HSN and on national television news shows sharing her seasonal lifestyle approach and her passion for food. Her recipes are featured on chefjamie.com and on Microsoft’s worldwide Food & Drink App. Jamie’s most recent cookbook, Co-Authored by Lana Sills and entitled “Good Food For Good Times 2”, is now available as an eBook and has been featured on The Talk, Emeril Live and Martha Stewart.