These bold-flavored beef skewers are excellent as an appetizer or terrific on a BBQ buffet. Use your Twin Eagles Salamangrill to achieve a delicious crust and caramelization on the steak.
GRILLED ASIAN FLANK STEAK SKEWERS
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup Dry Sherry
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang pepper paste
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Soaked Wooden Skewers or Metal Skewers
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the hoisin sauce, Dry Sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, Gochujang, garlic, ginger and half of the green onions.
- Slice the flank steak across the grain to make thin slices. Place the flank steak slices in a large plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat your Twin Eagles Salamangrill to high heat. Drain the steak from the marinade and reserve the marinade. Thread the steak slices on skewers and grill as close to the heat as possible, about 2 minutes on each side turning once during cooking, or until cooked to the desired doneness.
- Bring the marinade to a full boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Garnish the grilled steak skewers with the remaining green onions and serve with the sauce for dipping.
Jamie Gwen is a CIA Grad, Celebrity Chef, Certified Sommelier, Lifestyle Expert and four-time Cookbook Author who can be seen stirring up something delicious on television, on the radio and in print from coast-to-coast. She brings the best to radio with her weekly Syndicated Radio Show heard every Sunday on Radio Stations across the country and in SoCal on Talk Radio 790 KABC. Jamie can be seen on KTLA Channel 5, on HSN and on national television news shows sharing her seasonal lifestyle approach and her passion for food. Her recipes are featured on chefjamie.com and on Microsoft’s worldwide Food & Drink App. Jamie’s most recent cookbook, Co-Authored by Lana Sills and entitled “Good Food For Good Times 2”, is now available as an eBook and has been featured on The Talk, Emeril Live and Martha Stewart.